66^ Regata dei Tre Golfi
Marking the 66th edition of this historical milestone in offshore racing, the Tre Golfi was the opening race of the 2021 ORC European Championship and was open to multihulls, classic yachts, and double-handed boats with separate rankings and courses.
Making an indelible impression on the hearts of those who have participated even once in their life, the Tre Golfi regatta began on Saturday May 15 with the start at 7pm, set against the sparkling lights of Naples seafront.
From here some went offshore while others continued close to the coast, leaving the island of Procida to port. After around 40 miles, the classic yachts rounded Ventotene island, while the rest of the fleet sailed on to Ponza
before returning towards the mainland to round the rocky Li Galli islands off Positano. Finally, after around 150 miles of challenging offshore racing - where the outcome is never a foregone conclusion - the fleet crossed the finish line in Capri.
List of Trophies
- Coppa Senatore Andrea Matarazzo (perpetual challenge): to the first ORC yacht on corrected time
- Coppa Mariano Verusio (perpetual challenge): to the first Maxi yacht on IRC corrected time
- Coppa Gustavo d’Andrea (perpetual challenge): to the first yacht on line honours
- Coppa Beppe Knight (perpetual challenge): to the first double handed yacht on corrected time
- Coppa Guido Imperiali di Francavilla (perpetual challenge): to the first Classic Yacht on
- Prizes to the first three ORC yachts overall and in each Class A, B and C
- Prizes to the first three IRC yachts overall
On the 15th of May during the flag-raising ceremony at the Circolo del Remo e della Vela Italia, we had the honor of having some special guests: Valeria Fascione, Counsilor for Innovation and Start-ups, Ciro Borriello, Counsilor for Sports, Francesco Lo Schiavo, President of the 5th FIV zone, Antonietta De Falco, National Councilor of the Federazione Italiana Vela, Stefan Muller, General Manager Rolex Italia, Roberto Mottola D'Amato, President of the Circolo del Remo e della Vela Italia, Emanuele Liuzzi, America's Cup sailor, Maria Vera Ratti, actress and patroness of the event.
Here an interview with Mrs.Fascione.